The Fête Blog is all about relationships– your relationship with your partner, your relationship with your community, your relationship with yourself. A wedding & lifestyle inspiration blog, Fête is all about wedding, wonder, and whimsy, and believes that a happy life is one of simplicity, enthusiasm, and romance.
At Fête, we collect, create, and curate inspiration for your wedding– and the life that comes after. Fête is about parties, and fitness, and good reads; it’s about your mind, your home, your celebrations.
A dear friend told us once: “For every hour you spend planning your wedding, spend two planning your marriage.” Treasured advice indeed!
Everywhere you go, you read about “inspiration.” At Fête, we want to be your cheerleader! Inspiration, to us, means three things:
1. Our content inspires you to action! It’s the first step to creating the perfect wedding, party, home, and lifestyle for yourself.
2. Our content reassures you that you’re on the right path– it comforts your heart and mind.
3. Our content is the spark that leads you to find the people or products that will create that perfect wedding or lifestyle for you.
Fête believes in romance, tulle dresses, calligraphy, big ole houses and gardens, cake, and sparkles– in a clean, simple, delicate way. We’re here to help you style your wedding or party, coordinate your photoshoot or event, bring fitness into your lifestyle, stimulate your mind and creativity, and navigate your marriage.
Stephanie Marie (Jefferson, if we meet out around town / Garcia, if we meet professionally) is the editor, voice, and occasional brains behind Fête.
1. Stephanie works in the wedding industry– as the editor of Hook Weddings, a quarterly wedding publication in Charlottesville, as a freelance stylist and event planner, and as a publicist and cheerleader for select wedding photographers. She’s trained under the over-the-top talented planners Jennifer Carroll and Meghan Streit and owes her entire wedding career to the mentoring and friendship of Jen Fariello.
2. Stephanie is a newlywed herself– she and John Jefferson got hitched in a fall Charlottesville wedding, styled by all of her best friends and surrounded by the greatest family and friends a couple could ask for. It was a rollicking good time.
3. Stephanie graduated from the University of Virginia (BA in 2010, MA in 2012) and believes Thomas Jefferson is her spirit animal.
4. Stephanie started out as a journalist– interning for the Washington Post and then a Charlottesville newsweekly, The Hook. Her earliest writing was about the arts, entertainment, and music– and she’s had the chance to interview some pretty fabulous artists.
5. By day, Stephanie is a professional runner for New Balance. A steeplechaser (no, not the horse race), she’s earned All-American honors, represented the US in the 2011 Track & Field World Championships in South Korea, and has sore legs all the time.
The Good Stuff:
1. that cupcakes and best friends, craft projects and Breakfast at Tiffanys, California indie rock on vinyl and a Flat White make everything better.
2. in handmade, bespoke, intimate, and effortlessly styled weddings (and celebrations!).
3. that confidence and humility go hand and hand– and a big dose of passion can see you through anything.
4. combine a sparkly accessory and an authentic smile– it’s the best way to present yourself to the world.
5. that, yes, love conquers all– and that loving yourself comes first.
The Nitty Gritty:
All images and text are content created by Fête unless otherwise credited. Please play nice!
Real Weddings, wedding inspiration, and marriage talk is on Wednesdays and Fridays. Look for party, lifestyle, DIY, interiors, and fitness goodness the rest of the week!
Interested in collaborating? Stephanie is available for wedding, bridal, engagement, party, and editorial styling! While her portfolio is in the works, check out her recent styling work here.
Questions / comments / suggestions / hello? Drop us a line at email@example.com!